CREATE YOUR TEAM
– Create a team of 4 members from the BVR family (hint – Use our Facebook page to find team members if you need to!).
– Create yourself a team name
– Team members should be paid up and have submitted a membership or renewal form. If you need to do yours, you can do everything electronically through the website and email (http://boveyvalleyrunners.org.uk/membership/).
TELL SOMEONE WHO’S IN YOUR TEAM
– Register your Team name, members names, and captain’s name via Facebook messenger to Stuart Webster.
– Do it quick, we have limited numbers of medals available, and entries will close at midnight on Sunday 12th April 2020.
– I will acknowledge your team entry to your captain also via messenger.
AGREE WHEN YOU’RE DOING YOUR RUNS
– In your team, decide on your routes.
– Decide on the time your going to start the challenge.
– Make sure you start your teams runs simultaneously whenever you have agreed, as long as they start any time between 00:01 on Monday 13th April 2020, and 23:59 on Sunday 19th April 2020.
DO YOUR RUN (THE BEST BIT!)
– Each person in the team starts and finishes at their own home
– Each team member starts at the same time and runs a minimum distance of 5km (therefore between you will cover just about a half marathon distance), roughly the distance from Bovey Tracey to Christow and back.
– Don’t run short distance you’ll DNF, and no-one wants that, but don’t run too far, it’ll take longer and might affect your position on the leaderboard.
– Ensure you maintain social distancing guidelines as described by the government.
SUBMIT YOUR EVIDENCE
– Submit evidence of your runs to Stuart Webster via Facebook messenger by midnight on Sunday 19th April 2020.
– Links to Strava are fine, as are screen shots of other recording mechanisms as long as they show the total elapsed time (not just the moving time).
– Each team members times will be added together to obtain the team total time, and we have our leaderboard.
– Only runs completed by the team at a similar start time will be valid (it’s a virtual team run, remember)
CROSS YOUR FINGERS AND WAIT FOR THE RESULTS
– The total team elapsed time will be what counts to determine team positions on the leaderboard.
– Results will be published at around 6pm on Facebook on Monday 20th April.
GET YOUR BLING
– Postal services dependant- please be patient with us.
– Medals will be sent to the address shown on your submitted membership / renewal form.